At Ashley Down Schools Federation we want all children to achieve their full potential in the academic, artistic, social, spiritual and emotional aspects of their lives.
Therefore we have created and implemented an enquiry based curriculum with a focus on skills progression and creativity. Our aims are that:
- children will be exposed to a comprehensive range of cross curricular knowledge in which the learner has a strong input.
- all children become self confident, independent and resourceful learners.
- all children are equipped with the skills needed to make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives.
Our curriculum supports these aims by:
- offering an exciting education, which challenges all children and provides new experiences, through enquiry based learning.
- establishing a high quality and creative approach to learning and teaching where all children make good progress, achieve success and enjoy learning.
- having a welcoming and stimulating school environment that enables active learning.
- providing children with learning opportunities in different environments and instilling an appreciation that learning is a lifelong journey that transcends the classroom.
- ensuring that learners are treated individually, taking account of their varied life experiences, preferred learning styles and differing needs.
- forming strong and effective partnerships with our families and wider community to teach children to be strong, independent, self assured individuals prepared for the next step in their learning journey.
If you would like to find out more information about our school curriculum please contact Mr Collins or Mrs Sood through the school offices.