Ashley Down Equalities Statement
Here at Ashley Down Primary School we believe it is important to live and breathe equality through everything we do.
We want to educate our children on the importance of being empowered to embrace who they are physically, socially and culturally.
We want to enable our pupils and staff to be respectful and educated on other pupils’ differences. Each child is educated to respect everyone’s opinions, faiths, races and gender.
We are a school that focuses on eliminating prejudices and stereotypes to ensure everyone fosters positive attitudes and relationships and in general a shared sense of belonging to one diverse community.
To achieve these objectives Ashley Down Primary School is continuously:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society.
- Build a diverse multi-cultural curriculum e.g. – Possibly demonstrate some examples.
- Develop our children’s love of learning, imagination, curiosity and a sense of fun.
- Provide positive equalities practice e.g. greater parent involvement in equality-based decisions and supporting their child’s education.
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice.
Please click on the links to find out what children in different age phases have to say about equalities and the Ashley Down Primary School Equalities Statement:
This equalities statement links to the Bristol equalities charter.