Pupil Premium is extra money given to schools for each child they have on roll who is eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), or who has been registered for FSM in the past six years. The government has given schools this extra money to help raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gap between them and their peers.
As well as this, schools receive extra funding for looked after children and the children of service personnel.
Schools do not need to show how the money is spent on each individual child, but do need to show how they are planning to spend the money and the impact it will have.
Click here for details of how our schools plan to spend this years' Pupil Premium money.
To be eligible for FSM you need to qualify for one of the following:
- Income Support;
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999;
- The "Guaranteed Element" of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190;
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit; or
- Universal Credit
If you think your family may qualify, do please contact the office for a form, or apply online at:
We can help you with completing these forms if you would like us to.